Dormway Workplace Health & Safety Policy
Dormway Pty Ltd specialises in the provision of civil construction through design and development, project management, plant & equipment hire, earthworks, pipeline construction, concrete structures, cable laying and rehabilitation of pipelines and concrete structures.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our workers, for contractors and visitors to the workplace, and the communities we interact with.
This will be achieved by;
- The adoption and promotion of the provisions and compliance of the relevant legislation
- Significant importance being placed on the areas of hazard/risk management and injury prevention strategies
- Providing adequate resources to manage and maintain the health and safety system and to fulfil measurable objectives and targets
- Providing regular training on work health and safety
- Providing and promoting rehabilitation
The creation and maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment is a major part of our overall responsibilities and all workers with management or supervisory responsibilities are personally accountable for the health and safety of workers and visitors in their specific work areas.
In conjunction with this policy, individual safe work procedures, risk assessments and safe work method statements have been prepared and issued in consultation with relevant workers.
Safety is a shared responsibility. We expect all workers, across all levels within the organisation, as well as contractors and visitors to arrive at our workplaces fit for work and to follow safe work practices as prescribed under the legislation and in our policies and procedures, and that they make every effort to eliminate work related injuries and illness to themselves and others. This includes:
- Taking action when safety concerns or hazards are identified including communicating any concerns immediately to supervisors, management and other site personnel to enable safety concerns and hazards to be addressed
- Stopping work/any unsafe activity until such time that the necessary controls have been implemented to complete the job safely
- Participating in identifying, eliminating and reducing hazards by assessing risks and implementing controls to manage risks
We constantly strive for continual improvement to our system, which has been based upon AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001. Work Health and Safety is important and we all have an obligation to ensure that we have a safe and healthy working environment and we encourage you to actively participate so that we may achieve this goal.
This policy shall be reviewed on an annual basis.